Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Summary of Part I: Delhi, India

India was a great first experience in a developing country for me. The combination of my comfortable residence with the shocking, eye-opening devastation and poverty all around me, it was a great balance that allowed me to get well-adjusted to the new environment of being in a developing country. It was also a great start to my trip because of the people that I worked with. Every single one of the group members, mobilizers, Indian students, professors, and staff were delightful and the community members were inspiring and a joy to interact with.

The first experience of anything is something that you’ll remember forever because it is bound to have the largest impact on you. I’m glad that I chose India as my first as it prepared me for bad weather and shocking poverty and gently eased me into living in less comfort than what I am used to at home (it also helps that I can sleep pretty much anywhere and I love to go camping….).

1 comment:

Dianaxpkj said...

June 2012 Malaysia Gold Investment. Gold Online Gold Trading Gold Investment Malaysia Gold Investment Daily Metal Commentary. Finance Minister of India announced that the import duty on gold bars is. Free Investor Guide to Precious Metals Silver Bars, Silver Coins. Check Order Status Account Login. Free Investor Guide to Precious Metals. Request your free guide with information about investing in the precious metals of gold, silver. Genneva Gold Martin Lee SG. on the website, Genneva Gold sells. considering this investment should ask important questions like: How does Genneva Gold. accused of using this forum to sell gold. Besides all the high tech features, the phone has not taken care of the basic features as well. Each year thousands of tourists, businessmen and even students come to Calgary for various purposes. Florida * Made in Britain